А Машина для формирования рулонов прогонов is an important piece of equipment used in the manufacturing of metal roofing and wall panels. Cz purlin roll forming allows continuous production of purlins with custom sizes and specifications. Purlins are structural roof and wall members made from rolled metal coils. They provide support for roof deck and sheeting. The cz purlin roll forming process creates longitudinal ribs and other features that increase the strength and rigidity of the purlins.
Cz purlin roll forming machines are designed for high productivity and efficient roll forming of purlins used in metal building systems. They can produce various purlin profiles and sizes as per client requirements. The ability to quickly change roll tooling allows manufacturing different purlins on the same machine. Cz purlin roll formers utilize advanced technology to produce high-quality purlins with excellent dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
How Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machine Works
A cz purlin roll forming machine forms sheet metal coil into longitudinally ribbed purlins through a series of consecutive forming stations. The forming process involves continuously bending and shaping the strip to achieve the final purlin profile. Here are the key steps:
The process starts by loading a coil of thin gauge sheet metal into a decoiler mechanism. The sheet material gets uncoiled and fed into the roll forming line. The decoiler ensures a smooth and continuous feed of the sheet metal strip.
The metal strip is pulled through the roll forming stations using feed rollers. Automatic feedback control precisely regulates the material feed rate. Correct feed rate is crucial for quality roll forming.
Optional inline punching units can punch bolt holes or other features prior to roll forming. This avoids secondary punching operations.
The strip goes through a set of rolls that bend it slightly lengthwise. This pre-conditions the material for the subsequent forming passes.
As the strip passes through a series of forming stations, precision upper and lower rolls progressively bend the metal to the desired purlin shape. Each station incrementally forms the profile with increasing accuracy.
6. Cut off
After the full profile is formed, a cutoff device shears the continuously produced purlin to specified lengths as per the order. The cut purlins are offloaded for further processing if required.
7. Automated Material Handling
For automated operations, conveyors or robots transfer the finished purlins from the discharge end of the machine. Automated sorting, stacking, banding or other secondary operations can be integrated.
Main Components of Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machine
The major components and mechanisms in a modern cz purlin roll forming line include:
- Разматыватель – Mounted at the inlet end, it smoothly uncoils sheet metal coil on a mandrel. It should have adjustable tension control.
- Feed system – Consists of sturdy feed rollers that pull the strip through the rolls. Independent drives control each roller.
- Станции формовки – Contain top and bottom roll shafts with mounted forming rolls. Stations are modular and can be added or removed.
- Roll tooling – Upper and lower rolls machined to bend sheet incrementally when paired with mating rolls. Quick change tooling allows fast changeovers.
- Punching unit – Optional punching unit for hole patterns before roll forming. Requires precision die registration.
- Shear/cutoff – Shears continuously produced purlins at any desired length by operator input or via a length controller.
- Support frame – Robust frame that allows precise alignment and supports components under tension.
- Electrical controls – PLC automates production by controlling drives, motors, sensors etc. HMI allows monitoring and inputs.
- Safety equipment – Safety guards, emergency stops, dual circuits and other equipment for operator safety.
Benefits of Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machines
Cz purlin roll forming machines offer metal building manufacturers important advantages:
- High production with outputs up to 10,000 feet per hour
- Ability to create different purlin and girt sizes and profiles
- Consistent quality with dimensional accuracy and structural integrity
- Cost savings via reduced material waste and labor
- Flexible roll tooling allows fast changeovers
- Compact equipment with small footprint saves factory space
- Automated processes improves safety and reduces workforce requirements
- Just-in-time purlin production improves inventory management
- No secondary operations required in most cases
- Quick ROI through high productivity and low operating costs
With so many benefits, it is easy to see why most leading metal building companies rely on cz purlin roll forming machines for their purlin production needs. The cz purlin roll forming process is vital for efficient manufacturing of purlins used in metal roofing and wall systems.
Typical Applications of Cz Purlins
Cz purlins produced by roll forming have some typical end-use applications:
Metal Building Systems
Cz purlins are universally used in pre-engineered steel buildings as secondary structural members. They support the roof sheets and walls. Being lightweight, they reduce steel usage. The ribs provide strength and stiffness. Bolt holes allow easy installation on the steel frames. Different sizes match different roof slopes and load requirements.
In commercial and industrial roofing systems, cz purlins provide anchorage support for the roof sheeting. The longitudinal ribs offers enhanced structural rigidity. Purlins transfer wind, snow and other loads to the main frames and rafters. They are installed with simple bolted connections.
In metal wall systems, cz sections act as girts to attach and support metal wall panels. The roll formed girts have high bending strength and provide anchorage for insulation, exterior sheathing and wall panels. Girts transfer lateral loads to the main structural elements.
For solar PV farms, cz purlins are utilized as rafters to mount the solar panel frames and tables. Their high strength-to-weight ratio provides structural stability for multiple solar panels. Bolt slots allow flexible panel alignment.
Mezzanines and Platforms
CZ purlins make sturdy support frames for industrial mezzanine structures, walkways, equipment platforms etc. The longitudinal ribs provide better rigidity for spans. Bolt holes enable easy assembly.
With advantages like high strength, light weight, ease of installation and corrosion resistance, it is easy to see why roll formed cz purlins are a versatile solution for roofing, walls and structural support systems.
Types of Cz Purlins
Cz purlins can be categorized into several types based on various criteria:
By Cross-sectional Profile
- C purlins – C-shaped cross section with ribs; most common type
- Z purlins – Z-shaped cross section with ribs; higher bending strength
- CEE purlins – C section with wider flanges; used for cladding support
- Sigma purlins – Sigma shaped purlin for extra strength
- Custom – Any special shape as per design needs
By Metal Material
- Mild steel – Most economical material for majority of applications
- High tensile steel – For high strength requirements
- Galvanized steel – Galvanizing provides corrosion resistance
- Aluminum – Lightweight option but higher cost
By Metal Thickness
- Thin gauge – Up to 3 mm thick coils; cost effective but less strength
- Thick gauge – Above 3 mm; stronger but uses more raw material
- Pre-galvanized – Hot dip zinc coating applied to steel coil before roll forming
- Post-galvanized – Coating applied after roll forming by hot dipping; superior finish
- Color coated – Pre-painted coil used for colored purlins
- Bare metal – No coating applied
By Production Method
- Roll formed – Ribbed purlins produced continuously by roll forming machines
- Press brake formed – Individual flanges pressed on press brakes; slower
- Cold formed sections – Cold forming by the manufacturer
Choosing the right type of cz purlin helps optimize strength, weight, corrosion resistance, cost and manufacturability for the intended application.
Key Specifications of Cz Purlins
CZ purlins are available in a wide range of specifications to suit different performance requirements. Key parameters that can be varied include:
- Dimensions – Overall profile height and width, flange widths etc. Match load needs.
- Толщина – Thicker metal has higher load capacity but weighs more. Typically 0.8 to 3 mm.
- Rib height – Higher ribs increase bending strength and moment of inertia.
- Rib spacing – Closer rib spacing improves rigidity. Common spacing is 6 to 12 inches.
- Roll formed lengths – Typical purlin lengths range from 8 feet to 24 feet. Custom lengths possible.
- Hole patterns – Bolt slots at top/bottom flange for frame attachment.
- Metal grade – Higher steel grades have more tensile strength. Common grades are ST37, ST52 etc.
- Покрытия – Bare, pre-galvanized, post-galvanized, painted etc. Specifies coating type and thickness.
- Fabrication – Any additional fabrication like mitred ends or reinforcement plates.
- Стандарты – Manufacturing standards like ASTM, EN etc. Specifies quality control.
The manufacturer determines the optimal purlin specifications based on building design requirements, load calculations, span tables and other factors. Custom profiles are also possible.
Key Manufacturing Processes for Cz Purlins
Producing quality cz purlins requires some important processes before and after roll forming:
Raw Material Procurement
Sourcing quality steel coil is essential for defect-free roll forming. Parameters like metal thickness, width, grade, surface finish, and coatings are specified based on purlin requirements.
Incoming Quality Inspection
Incoming metal coils are inspected for defects and tested to verify mechanical properties and compliance with purchase order specifications.
Decoiling and Feed System
Decoilers mount the coil on an unwinding mandrel and fed into the roll former. The feed system with pinch rollers pulls the strip through smoothly.
Roll Tool Design
Roll tools are designed with precision rolls in correct sequences to gradually form the ribs and profile. Quality tooling is key for profile accuracy.
Roll forming bends the strip incrementally using a series of formed stations until full profile is achieved. Accuracy is maintained by precision roll alignment.
Punching and Shearing
Inline punches make bolt connection holes accurately. Shearing cutoffs cut purlins to specified lengths within tight tolerance.
Finished purlins are inspected for dimensions, straightness, holes etc. against quality control charts. Statistical process control improves consistency.
For protection during transport, purlins are strapped into bundles or packed in crates/pallets before shipping to customers.
By controlling these processes, manufacturers can ensure high quality and consistency in mass-produced cz purlins.
Key Factors in Cz Purlin Design
Designing the right cz purlin for an application requires in-depth engineering analysis considering various factors:
The expected roof or wall loading conditions – dead loads, live loads, wind, seismic etc – are calculated. This determines the load carrying capacity needed.
Maximum spans between supporting structural members dictates the required cross-section and thickness. Longer spans need higher capacity.
The purlin-to-structure connection mechanism and the supported sheeting connection details impact purlin design.
Allowable deflection under peak loading is checked so purlins do not bend excessively.
Detailed structural analysis calculates shear forces, bending moments, deflections and other outcomes using FEA software.
Codes and Standards
Relevant building codes like IBC, ASCE 7 etc. specify wind, snow and seismic loading parameters. AISI standards govern metal building purlin designs.
Purlin design is optimized for functionality, weight and material cost. Lightweighting reduces material usage and cost.
The complex interaction of the above parameters is analyzed by the manufacturer using advanced software to design the most suitable purlin profile.
Secondary Operations in Cz Purlin Manufacturing
In addition to roll forming, some value-added secondary operations may be performed on cz purlins:
Punching and Drilling
Any holes not punched inline are punched afterward for bolting to frames. CNC punching ensures hole location accuracy.
Mitred and Beveled Ends
For gable roofs, purlin ends can be cut in mitre or other angles to match the slope and install flush with roof sheets.
Thicker reinforcing plates can be welded to purlin ends that bear on the frames to strengthen the connection area.
Special fabrication like brackets, clips, slotted holes etc. can be done to facilitate purlin installation or interface with other components.
Powder coating, liquid paint or plating can be applied to meet project-specific needs like aesthetics or severe corrosion protection.
Part number, material grade, coatings used and other details etched or labelled on the purlins for identification.
Bundling, boxing, crating or palletizing done for safe loading, handling and transport to customer sites.
These secondary processes add functionality, appearance, protection and convenience to the roll formed cz purlins as per user requirements.
Purlin Production Line Process Flow
A typical complete production line for high volume manufacturing of cz purlins consists of the following sequence:
- Coil inspection – Verify coil dimensions, ID tags, surface defects
- Uncoiling – Mount coil on decoiler mandrel and join strip end to previous coil
- Кормление – Feed strip through sets of pinch rollers into roll former
- Предварительная штамповка – Punch bolt connection holes in strip before entering forming section
- Профилирование – Gradually form purlin cross-section profile through a series of stations
- Post-punching – Punch any remaining holes after profile is formed
- Shearing – Cutoff purlins at specified lengths by automatic shearing
- Инспекция – Evaluate purlin quality and compliance with quality plan
- Штабелирование – Automatically stack on table or conveyor using manipulator
- Banding – Bundle and strap finished purlins for bundling efficiency
- Упаковка – Pack bundles into crates or pallets for storage and transport
A properly streamlined process flow ensures efficient, high-volume production of purlins with minimal downtime.
Maintenance of Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machines
To sustain high production rates and quality standards, cz purlin roll forming machines need proper maintenance procedures:
- Ежедневная уборка – Remove metal dust, oil and dirt from machining. Lubricate moving parts per schedule.
- Roll inspection – Check roll tooling for wear, damage or looseness. Replace immediately if damaged.
- Bearings & belts – Regularly inspect bearings, couplings, chains, belts etc. Re-tension or replace as needed.
- Machine alignment – Keep roll stations precisely aligned in the horizontal, vertical and axial directions.
- Hydraulics & electrics – Check for fluid leaks, fill levels and change filters timely. Inspect wiring for damage.
- Safety & sensors – Ensure all guarding is in place. Confirm sensors and interlocks are working.
- Preventative maintenance – Follow detailed PM schedule for roll replacement, lubrication, adjustments etc.
- Operation logs – Maintain records of machine parameters, downtime, parts replacement etc. to optimize maintenance.
Proper maintenance keeps the roll former producing quality purlins without interruption and avoids costly downtimes.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
What are the typical uses of cz purlins?
Cz purlins are primarily used as secondary roof support members in metal building systems. They are also used as girts to support wall panels, for mezzanine floors, solar panel framing, equipment platforms etc.
Как работает машина для формирования рулонов обрешетки cz?
It forms purlins from sheet metal coil by passing the strip through a series of roll forming stations. The stations progressively bend the strip to the final purlin profile with ribs for strength. Cutoff dies then shear the purlins to specified lengths.
What are the benefits of using cz purlins?
Cz purlins are light weight but provide good load capacity and strength due to the ribbed profile. They are fast to install requiring simple bolted connections. Cz purlins are termite proof, non-combustible and unaffected by weather.
How to determine the right purlin size and gauge?
The manufacturer will determine the optimal purlin specifications after analyzing the structure’s design loads, span lengths, cladding details, interface with main frames etc based on applicable building standards.
What secondary operations can be performed on purlins?
Secondary operations like punching connection holes, slotting, mitred ends for sloped roofs, adding reinforcing plates, coatings and packaging can be done to suit the application and meet project requirements.
Roll Forming vs Other Methods for Purlin Manufacturing
Roll forming using special cz purlin making machines has key advantages compared to other manufacturing processes:
- Highly automated and efficient process
- Capacity to produce any custom purlin profile
- Continuous production with very high output
- Excellent dimensional precision and tolerances
- Lower tooling cost compared to press brakes
- Minimal material waste since no machining
- Consistent quality and repeatability
- Lower production cost compared to other processes
- Minimal need for secondary finishing
Press Brake Forming
- Manual process requiring separate bending of each flange
- Slow production rate with lower outputs
- Dimensional accuracy dependent on operator skills
- Higher tooling cost for forming dies
- Secondary welding of flanges required
- Labor intensive process so higher cost
Fabricated Steel Sections
- Limited to standard section sizes and profiles
- Requires welding separate structural shapes
- Lower consistency and more finishing needed
- Much heavier than roll formed sections
- Uses more raw material due to over-design
- Fabrication cost is high due to extensive manual work
- Impractical for long purlins due to process limitations
- Much heavier than roll formed purlins
- Higher raw material cost
- Secondary machining required
- Prone to casting defects requiring repair
- Casting process has very low productivity
Roll formed purlins have significant advantages regarding precision, quality, productivity and cost compared to other manufacturing methods.
Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machine Manufacturer Considerations
Choosing the right cz purlin roll forming machine manufacturer is vital to get capable and reliable equipment. Important factors to consider are:
- Proven experience – Manufacturer should have extensive experience designing and building purlin roll forming lines.
- Industry reputation – Should be a reputable company known for good quality equipment and service.
- Production capacity – Able to deliver machines suiting high volume requirements.
- Персонализация – Capability for customized features to meet any special needs.
- Quality focus – Emphasis on quality control and international manufacturing standards.
- Range of equipment – Offers a range of related equipment like decoilers, shears, stackers etc.
- Послепродажное обслуживание – Provides installation support, training, maintenance contacts, spare part supply etc.
- Global presence – Sales and service support available globally either directly or through partners.
- Cost competitiveness – Machine price offers good value through manufacturing efficiency.
- Надежность – Proven track record of machine reliability in tough production environments.
Choosing the right manufacturing partner ensures you get capable purlin roll forming equipment with maximum uptime and a low cost of ownership.
Cz Purlin Roll Forming Machine Cost Considerations
Cz purlin roll forming machine cost depends on many aspects:
- Production capacity – Higher capacity machines are priced higher.
- Уровень автоматизации – Automated material handling increases costs.
- Additional equipment – Secondary processing like punching and shearing adds cost.
- Персонализация – Special features or customization can increase machine price.
- Сырье – Type of steel used impacts machine selection.
- Quality and precision – More precision and sturdier construction increase cost.
- Brand and reputation – Premium brands command higher pricing.
- Sales location – Machines made in high-labor-cost countries are priced higher.
- Производитель – Pricing varies between different manufacturers.
- Other factors – Local taxes, transport, installation charges etc.
By balancing purlin production requirements with capability and cost considerations, buyers can select optimal cz purlin roll forming equipment for their specific needs.
Roll formed cz purlins produced on high-speed automated lines offer metal building manufacturers a lightweight, high-strength solution. With custom profiles and sizes possible, purlins can be designed for optimal structural and cost performance. Cz purlin roll forming machines utilize advanced technology to mass-produce purlins with great accuracy and repeatability at the volumes, quality and cost efficiency that metal building projects demand. By understanding purlin design factors and roll forming production, manufacturers can take full advantage of this versatile process to minimize material usage and labor while maximizing productivity.