Overview of Batten Roll Forming Machines
Batten roll forming machines are used to produce battens from metal coils. Battens are long, thin strips of material used for various construction applications such as roofing, wall cladding, fencing, decking, and more.
Key details about batten roll forming machines:
- Used to form metal coil into C, U, Z, and top hat profile battens continuously
- Automated machines with roll forming stations to bend and shape profile
- Available in manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic versions
- Rollers are machined to required batten configurations
- Produce battens at high speeds up to 120 m/min
- Reduce labor and improve efficiency over traditional batten fabrication
- Ideal for high volume batten production in metal building product manufacturing
Types of Batten Roll Forming Machines
There are three main types of batten roll forming machines:
Manual Batten Roll Forming Machines
- Operator feeds metal coil through machine rollers manually
- Adjustable forming rollers for different batten sizes
- Lower production output up to 20 m/min
- Require more labor to operate
- Used by small workshops with low volume requirements
Semi-Automatic Batten Roll Forming Machines
- Automated coil feeding but manual offloading of battens
- PLC control for setting batten parameters
- Production speeds from 30-60 m/min
- Require less labor than manual machines
- Useful for medium production volumes
Fully Automatic Batten Roll Forming Machines
- Fully automated coil feeding and batten offloading
- Programmable PLC control of all functions
- High production speeds over 60 m/min
- Require minimal labor
- Ideal for high volume industrial applications
- Additional options like punching, cutting available
Key Characteristics of Batten Roll Forming Machines
|Metode Pembentukan||Cold roll forming of metal coil into batten profiles|
|Ketebalan Logam||0.3mm to 2.0mm mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, etc|
|Batten Width||50mm to 400mm|
|Batten Profile||C, U, Z, Top Hat and custom profiles|
|Kecepatan Produksi||Hingga 120 m/menit|
|Length Capability||Up to 8000mm long battens|
|Otomatisasi||Manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic versions|
|Rol||Machined steel rollers in forming stations|
|Kontrol||Mechanical or PLC based controls|
|Opsi Tambahan||Decoiling, punching, cutting, counting, bundling|
Applications and Uses of Batten Roll Forming Machines
Batten roll forming machines have many applications across metal building products manufacturing:
|Roof Battens||For roofing sheets in pitched roofs|
|Wall Battens||For external wall cladding systems|
|Structural Battens||In steel frames for strength and rigidity|
|Fencing Battens||Main rails in metal fence systems|
|Decking Battens||Substructure for outdoor decks|
|Ceiling Battens||Interior ceiling suspension systems|
|Door/Window Battens||Framing and reveals for doors/windows|
|Furniture Battens||Supports in metal furniture designs|
|Sign Board Battens||For mounting signage and billboards|
The key uses and benefits of using batten roll forming machines include:
- High speed production of uniform battens in different sizes and profiles
- Consistent quality batens compared to manual fabrication
- Reduce manpower requirement for batten making
- Flexibility to change profiles with adjustable rollers
- Just in time batten production to avoid inventory costs
- Lower costs compared to other batten production methods
- Ideal for OEM manufacturers making products like roofing sheets, racks, panels etc.
Batten Roll Forming Machine Specifications
Batten roll forming machines have the following typical specifications:
|Berat Kumparan||Max 10 tons|
|Bahan Rol||45# Steel|
|Penyesuaian Rol||Manual or Hydraulic|
|Main Drive||7.5-15kw Motor|
|Ukuran Mesin||8-12m Length x 2m Width x 2m Height|
|Berat Mesin||8000-15000 kg|
These specifications may vary across manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic batten roll forming machines.
Standar Desain dan Rekayasa
Batten roll forming machines are designed to meet the following standards:
- ISO 9001 – Quality management system
- CE standards – Safety and regulatory compliance for machinery
- IS 6760 – Indian standard for roll forming machines
- ISO 12100 – Safety of machinery
- ISO 13857 – Safety distances
The structural frame and components are designed for rigidity and vibration resistance during high speed operation. Rollers and tooling are machined to tight tolerances for profile precision. Drives, motors and PLCs are selected suitably rated for 24/7 operation. Safety interlocks, guards and emergency stops are incorporated per standards. Machines are factory tested before dispatch to customers.
Suppliers and Cost of Batten Roll Forming Machines
There are many manufacturers supplying batten roll forming machines worldwide. Here are some of the top suppliers:
|Shanghai metalformer||Cina||$20000 – $100000|
|Anhui Yuding||Cina||$30000 – $180000|
|FONNTAI||Cina||$50000 – $250000|
|Metform||India||$50000 – $350000|
|Rollmech||India||$40000 – $150000|
|MTC||Italia||$60000 – $400000|
|FACCIN||Italia||$90000 – $600000|
|Mesin Samco||INGGRIS||$100000 – $500000|
The price range generally varies from $20,000 to $500,000 based on:
- Type : Manual, semi or fully automatic
- Production speed and output requirement
- Overall batten width capacity
- Level of automation and additional features
- Reputed brands command higher prices
- Local support and service availability
Batten roll forming machine cost is a long term investment that should be evaluated against total operational costs, labor savings, and production needs.
Instalasi dan Pengoperasian
Proper installation and operation procedures are vital for optimum performance of batten roll forming machines:
- Install machine on flat, leveled surface and anchor bolts
- Ensure adequate space around for coil loading and batten offloading
- Connect electric power supply according to specified rating
- Commissioning by supplier’s technician is recommended
- Train operators on machine controls, safety and procedures
- Feed correct width coils of required metal thickness
- Set batten width, profile, speed parameters
- Oil and maintain rollers periodically
- Ensure interlocks and guards functioning
- Adhere to safety procedures during running, maintenance
- Schedule preventive maintenance for drives, bearings, and tooling
- Replace rollers when worn out or for profile change
- Keep machine area clean and clear of metal scrap
Refer to the supplier manual for step-by-step instructions on installation, operation and maintenance.
How to Select a Batten Roll Forming Machine Supplier
Choosing the right batten roll forming machine supplier is key to get a high quality machine for maximum productivity. Here are factors to consider when selecting a supplier:
- Technology: Supplier should have in-house engineering for machine design and roll tooling profiles. This ensures robust equipment customized to needs.
- Experience: Number of years supplying batten machines and list of customers indicates expertise. Prefer over 10 years experience.
- Production Capabilities: Supplier’s factory should have high precision fabrication and machining capabilities to produce quality machines.
- Kustomisasi: Ability to customize machine dimensions, add-ons, automation, and profiles for customer needs is important.
- After Sales Service: Supplier should provide installation support, training, maintenance services, and spare parts easily. Local presence is better.
- Reputation: Check supplier’s market reputation based on customer reviews, satisfaction and repeat orders. A reputed brand provides reliability.
- Certifications: Quality certifications like ISO 9001 indicate standardized and controlled manufacturing procedures.
- Cost: Compare machine prices between suppliers based on specifications and capabilities. Ensure value for money.
- Warranty: Supplier should provide a 12 month warranty on manufacturing defects minimum.
By carefully evaluating batten roll forming machine suppliers on above parameters, buyers can select the right partner for their production needs and long term relationship.
Pros and Cons of Batten Roll Forming Machines
Batten roll forming machines offer significant advantages but also have some limitations to consider:
|– High production speeds up to 120 m/min||- Biaya investasi awal yang tinggi|
|– Consistent and uniform batten quality||– Roll tooling required for new profiles|
|– Reduce labor for batten fabrication||– Size limited by coil width capacity|
|– Low operational cost per batten||– Regular maintenance required|
|– Just in time batten production||– Skilled operators needed|
|– Minimum material wastage||– Limited thickness and width capacity|
|– Low noise compared to other methods||– Damaged coils can halt production|
|– Simple operation and maintenance||– Cannot make complex custom profiles|
Q: What metal thickness can be formed into battens?
A: Batten roll forming machines can typically process 0.3mm to 2mm thick coils of mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum etc. The minimum and maximum thickness capability varies by machine model.
Q: What safety precautions are required for operation?
A: Operators should wear cut resistant gloves during coil loading/unloading. Safety goggles and closed shoes are mandatory. Ensure proper machine guarding is in place. Follow supplier’s safety guidelines.
Q: How to calculate batten production rate?
A: Batten output speed (m/min) x 60 min/hr x runtime (hr/shift) = Production length per shift (meters). For example at 90 m/min speed over 8 hour shift gives 90 x 60 x 8 = 43,200 meters.
Q: What maintenance is required?
A: Schedule periodic lubrication, inspection and replacement of rollers, bearings, seals and machine parts as per the manual. Keep machine area clean.
T: Berapa banyak operator yang dibutuhkan?
A: Typically 1-2 operators are needed for manual feeding and offloading. Fully automatic machines can run 24/7 with occasional supervision.
Q: Can custom profiles be produced?
A: Yes custom profiles can be produced but require fabricating new matched metal rollers with custom profiling.
T: Apa masa garansi yang ditawarkan?
A: Most suppliers offer a 12 month warranty on manufacturing defects of the machine. Wear parts excluded. Local agents provide after sales support.
Batten roll forming machines are an efficient automated solution for high volume production of metal battens. They deliver significant advantages in speed, quality consistency, labor reduction, and overall costs compared to manual batten fabrication. With capabilities to produce various profiles from thin coiled metal continuously, these machines find wide application in roofing, walling, fencing, decking, framing and other building product manufacturing.