Ag classic rib roof roll forming machines are an essential equipment for efficient roof panel production. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of these machines, their working, types, applications, specifications, suppliers, installation, and more.
Overview of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
Ag classic rib roof roll forming machines, also known as roof panel roll forming machines, are designed to continuously transform metal coil into ribbed roof panels.
These machines form the distinctive ribbed profile on roof sheets used extensively in metal buildings and residential roofing applications. The ribbed or corrugated shape provides strength and rigidity to the roof panels.
The AG classic machines utilize a series of consecutive roller dies to bend and form the coil strip into the required roof panel profile as it passes through the different roll forming stations.
This gradual and progressive cold roll forming process shapes the metal coil without compromising the material integrity, while minimizing wastage. The versatile AG classic machines can produce different popular roof panel profiles including standard corrugated, box ribbed, and other architectural panel shapes.
The Role of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machine
The ag classic rib roof roll forming machine plays a critical role in high productivity roof panel production in metal building construction and residential roofing segments.
These machines deliver the following advantages:
- Highly efficient continuous operation for mass production of ribbed roof panels.
- Ability to handle coils of different thickness and materials including galvanized steel, aluminum, etc.
- Flexibility to produce various standard and custom roof panel profiles as per application needs.
- Consistent and high quality panel forming with dimensional accuracy and visual appeal.
- Minimal material wastage and low operational costs compared to other shaping processes.
- Automated processes reduces labor and handling costs.
- Fast production output up to 10-20 meters per minute.
- Easy setup, operation and maintenance.
Main Components of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machine
The ag classic rib roof roll forming machine consists of several key components engineered to work together to shape the metal coil into roof panels:
- Decoiler: This device holds and smoothly uncoils the metal coil strip and feeds it into the roll forming line. Decoilers with automatic tension control are used.
- Feeding System: This system with pinch rolls feeds the uncoiled strip stock into the forming sections at a fixed speed and tension.
- Guiding Rolls: These rolls guide the strip stock straight into the forming stations.
- Forming Stations: Multiple forming stations with roller dies progressively bend and shape the metal strip into the final ribbed roof panel profile.
- Hydraulic System: Advanced hydraulic systems precisely control the up/down motion of the forming rollers for accurate panel shaping.
- Cutoff Device: Automatically cuts the continuously formed roof panels at preset lengths for individual sheet production.
- Control System: Sophisticated controls like PLC automate the speed, functioning and settings of the machine.
Working Principle of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
The working principle involves continuously passing the metal coil strip through a series of roller dies stations for progressive bending into the final roof panel profile:
- Firstly, the decoiler feeds the thin metal coil strip into the roll forming line.
- The feeding system with pinching rolls then draws this strip stock into the roller die forming stations at a constant speed and tension.
- In the first station, guiding rolls straighten any coil curvature and direct it precisely into the initial bottom forming rolls.
- As the strip passes through successive stations, the roller dies make incremental bends until the full ribbed roof panel profile is achieved.
- The specially profiled rollers make longitudinal bends while transverse rolls shape the distinctive angled rib patterns.
- The hydraulic system provides upward pressure for the top rollers to bear down with force and form the sheet.
- Finally, cutoff blades slice the continuously produced panels into standard lengths as per setting.
- The finished ribbed roof panels exit the end of the line ready for collection.
- Advanced controls precisely monitor and regulate the roll forming process.
This gradual cold rolling method forms the coil strip into roof panels without any heat or melt deformation. The rolling process strengthens and stiffens the panels while ensuring consistent quality.
Types of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
Ag classic roll forming machines for ribbed roof panels are available in different configurations to suit production needs:
Based on Structure:
- C-Type: C-frame machines with lateral open design provide easy access for maintenance. Standard capacities.
- O-Type: O-shaped frame machines are more rigid providing higher capacities and accuracy. Closed structure limits access.
Based on Roof Profile Produced:
- Standard Rib: For regular wave-like corrugated roof panels. Most common type.
- Box Rib: For distinctive box-shaped ribs roof panels. Achieve higher rigidity.
- Double Layer: Produces overlapping double layer roof panels. Very strong and waterproof.
- Standing Seam: Forms architectural metal roof panels with raised vertical seams. Weather tight.
- Trapezoid Rib: Trapezoidal rib patterns possible for special profiles. Wider and flatter ribs.
Based on Automation Level:
- Manual: Require manual loading and unloading of coil strips and panels. Entry level, low cost.
- Semi-automatic: Have automatic feeding but manual offloading of panels. Reduces labor.
- Fully Automatic: Fully automated material infeed and panel outfeed. PLC controlled. Highest productivity.
Applications of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machine
Ag classic rib roof roll forming machines have broad applications in metal building and residential roof construction:
- Manufacturing corrugated and box ribbed roof panels from galvanized steel coils. Extensively used metal building roofing.
- Producing roof panels from aluminum coils. Used for special metal architecture and aesthetic appeal.
- Forming strong overlapping double layer interlocking roof panels. Enhanced weatherproofing.
- Creating standing seam arched roof panels for unique structure. Watertight metal roofing.
- Manufacturing trapezoidal ribbed roof panels. High load bearing capacity for large spans.
- Roofing repair works by producing new panels matching existing profiles. Replacement roofing.
- Roof cladding projects for old buildings by forming suitable roof sheeting profiles. Roof retrofitting application.
- Producing roof panels for container construction. Faster setup using ready panels.
- Supplying roofing sheets for disaster relief shelters. Rapid production of required sheeting.
- Manufacturing special architectural roof panels. Custom profiles possible.
Overall, these versatile roll forming machines produce various standard and custom ribbed roofing solutions for diverse construction and building requirements.
Specifications of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
Ag classic rib roof roll forming machines are available in different specifications and capabilities to match production requirements:
|Coil Width||Commonly 550-1250 mm|
|Metal Coil Thickness||0.4 – 1.5 mm|
|Roof Panel Width||500-1000 mm standard|
|Forming Stations||16-20 stations typical|
|बनाने की गति||10-25 m/min based on profile|
|Feeding Speed||Adjustable per profile|
|Main Drive Power||11-22 kW|
|Roller Diameter||≥100 mm hardened steel|
|Hydraulic Pressure||16 MPa, 19 LPM flow|
|Installed Power||~30 kW|
|Machine Weight||~6000-8000 kg|
|Machine Size||15-25 m long x 2.5 m wide x 2 m high|
The coil width, thickness, panel width specifications, number of forming stations, etc. can vary based on production output and roof profile needs.
Higher machine capacities are possible for higher volume requirements. The main drive motor power, hydraulics and installed load depend on the machine capacity.
Design and Engineering Standards
Ag classic rib roof roll forming machines are designed and built to comply with international engineering and safety standards:
- Structural Design: High rigidity framing withstands high process forces as per DIN standards. Optimized for dynamic loads.
- Mechanical Engineering: Suitable gear ratios selected for torque transmission as per AGMA standards. All drives rated for loads.
- Hydraulic Systems: Designed for high pressures as per ISO 4413. Components meet DIN, ASTM standards. Safety valves provided.
- Electrical Systems: Panel wiring, terminals follow IEC standards. Motors adhere to IE2 efficiency norms.
- Control System: Reliable PLC hardware based on IEC 61131 standard. Secure protocols like Profibus used.
- Machine Safety: Risk assessment as per EN ISO 12100. Guards, sensors used for protection as per ISO 13857.
- Dimensional Accuracy: Roller dimensions maintain profile tolerance per DIN/EN 10162 standard. Precise guiding.
- Process Monitoring: Sensors, alarms indicate abnormal operation for timely response.
The structural rigidity and load rating provides machine stability. Advanced controls and real-time monitoring enhances the process efficiency, precision and safety. Regular upgrades follow the latest engineering standards.
Roll Forming Machine Manufacturers and Suppliers
There are many reputed global manufacturers and suppliers of ag classic rib roof roll forming machines:
|Roll Forming Machine Brands||Details|
|Shanghai Roll Forming Machinery||Leading Chinese manufacturer exporting worldwide|
|Botou Xianfa Roll Forming Machine||Major roll forming equipment producer in China|
|Jingjing Rollforming Machinery||Top supplier of all metal roll forming machines|
|Zhongtuo Roll Forming Equipment||Specialized in roof panel roll forming machines|
|Howick Ltd.||Major global supplier from UK|
|Form Process Engineering||Top North American manufacturer|
|Magicform GmbH||Leading German roll forming machine engineering firm|
|Cometov||Prominent machine builder in India|
These companies offer the full range of ag classic roll forming machines for ribbed roof panels to fit all production scales – from manual, semi-automatic to fully automatic C-type and O-type machines.
They can provide steel, aluminum, galvanized coils along with the roll forming lines as integrated coil processing solutions. Custom roll profiles are also possible for specialized applications.
Roll Forming Machine Pricing
The price of ag classic rib roof roll forming machines depends on factors like:
- Type of machine (C or O frame)
- Automation level (manual or automatic)
- Production output speed
- Overall machine capacity
- Additional customizations
|Machine Type||मूल्य सीमा|
|Manual C-type||$7000 – $15000|
|Semi-automatic O-type||$15000 – $35000|
|Automatic high-capacity O-type||$40000 – $100000|
C-type manual machines are the most economical option for small businesses. Larger manufacturers require high capacity fully automatic O-type lines.
Special customized features like coil loading/unloading systems, advanced roll sets for complex rib patterns, etc. also add to the machine cost.
Overall, Ag classic machines provide great value with fast payback periods owing to their high productivity, low operating costs and affordable pricing.
How to Choose Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machine Supplier?
Follow these tips while selecting supplier of ag classic rib roof roll forming equipment:
- Shortlist suppliers who have proven experience in delivering these machines globally
- Ensure supplier has in-house engineering expertise for quality machine manufacturing
- Supplier should offer the complete range – manual, semi as well as fully automatic machines
- They must provide suitable coils, decoilers and other supplemental equipment
- Must have expertise in making special roll dies, tooling for customized roof profiles
- Capability to supply integrated lines from decoilers to final packaging
- Check client testimonials and visit supplier’s production facility if possible
- Confirm supply of technical documents, manuals, certifications for the machines
- Availability of spare parts inventory for the roll forming equipment
- Ability to provide installation support as well as ongoing service
- Compare pricing between shortlisted suppliers against your budget
This ensures selection of a capable manufacturer who can provide the right ag classic rib roof roll forming system per your business requirements and support its operation.
How to Install Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines?
Proper installation is vital for ag classic rib roof roll forming machines to function smoothly. Here is an overview of the key installation steps:
- Prepare the foundation and install machine frames as per supplier instructions to ensure stability.
- Carefully assemble the parts – forming stations, decoiler, cutoff, etc. in sequence.
- Install the hydraulic powerpack and connect hoses between stations.
- Wire the main electrical control panel and link PLC components.
- Interface the line with coil feeding and panel exit systems.
- Install fencing, safety covers and interlocks on moving parts.
- Program and test-run the PLC control software using dummy coil.
- Check direction, synchronization and precision of all moving elements.
- Trial forming runs to calibrate rollers for achieving exact ribbed profiles.
- Fine-tune process parameters like speed, tension, stroke, etc. and set work modes.
- Integrate with automated lubrication systems for rollers if included.
The supplier’s engineers must supervise the installation to ensure optimal build quality, calibration and performance. Operator training is also conducted on completion.
Operation and Maintenance of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
Effective operation and preventive maintenance practices are vital for ag classic roll forming machine’s continuous production. Key aspects include:
- Carefully load metal coils into the decoiler and thread coil strip into the forming sections.
- Adjust forming speed, profiles, lengths as per production settings using the control panel.
- Monitor line operation and check formed panels for defects using vision systems if included.
- Allow reasonable spacing between coil changes for smooth uninterrupted production.
- Ensure adequate finished panel outfeed and stacking to avoid jamming.
- Employ recommended safety procedures when working around the equipment.
- Periodically lubricate roll bearings, gearboxes and other moving components.
- Inspect rollers and dies, replace worn items to maintain profile accuracy.
- Check belt tension, hydraulics, electrical systems and sensors regularly.
- Conduct trial runs to validate functioning after maintenance or shutdowns.
- Keep areas around machine clean to facilitate unobstructed operation.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for critical items like rollers, seals, belts, etc.
Proper operating protocols and preventive maintenance improves the roll forming machine’s efficiency, productivity and longevity.
How to Choose Right Forming Rolls and Dies for Rib Roof Profiles?
Choosing the appropriate forming rollers and dies is critical in ag classic rib roof roll forming machines to achieve the required roof panel profiles. Key considerations include:
- Profile drawings – analyze the rib shape’s bends, angles and dimensions precisely.
- Material grade – harder grades need stronger roll materials to form without damage.
- Required bending radii – tighter bends need machined dies for controlled rolling.
- Rolling sequence – design rolls in forming progression order to avoid material stress.
- Roll materials – hardened steel rolls for long life. Non-marring special alloys if needed.
- Roll dimensions – diameter, face width and grooves must suit metal thickness and widest spans.
- Roller surface finish – appropriate smoothness to prevent scratching and friction.
- Split design – some complex dies are split for easier changing and maintenance.
- Die calibration – test and adjust roll sets to attain accurate rib profile and sheet width.
The roll tooling design, sequence and calibration determines the quality of the finished roof panels produced. Rigorous engineering by experienced suppliers ensures optimal roll forming tooling performance.
Advantages and Limitations of Ag Classic Rib Roof Roll Forming Machines
- High production efficiency with fast forming speeds up to 25m/min.
- Low labor cost due to automated coil infeed and panel exit.
- Consistent and uniform profile dimensions with accurate process control.
- Capable of wide range of roof panel shapes – corrugated, box, standing seam etc.
- Gentle cold forming retains metal properties without heat damage.
- Adaptable machines with changeable roller dies for new profiles.
- Compact footprint with flexible layout adjustments possible.
- Low maintenance and operational costs.
- Provides finished panels ready for installation saving additional bending or cutting.
- Ideal for large volume requirements in metal building construction and roofing industry.
- Higher machine investment cost compared to semi-automatic lines.
- Roller dies and tooling require replacement over prolonged use.
- Complex rib geometries may require custom machineries.
- Excessive roof panel stacking requires additional handling automation.
- Limits on coil width and thickness capacity in lower end models.
- Not economical for very low volume or prototype requirements.
- Significant expertise needed for specialized machine troubleshooting and repairs.
Q: What materials can be formed into roof panels using ag classic roll forming machines?
A: These machines can produce roof panels from coil stock of galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, zinc alloys, stainless steel. Mild steel coils require galvanization for corrosion protection.
Q: What is the difference between trapezoid and box rib roof panel profiles?
A: Trapezoid rib panels have flat flanges and alternating inclined ribs forming a trapezium shaped cross-section. Box rib panels have rounded ribs spaced evenly to form distinctive square fluted channels.
Q: Can many different ribbed roof panel profiles be produced on the same machine?
A: Yes, by using interchangeable roller dies and tooling sets, a wide range of standard and custom roof panel profiles can be produced on the same ag classic roll forming machine. Quick die changeover allows profile flexibility.
Q: What is the recommended maintenance schedule for these machines?
A: Daily checks of hydraulic systems, electrical connections, oil levels. Weekly inspection of rollers, belts, lubrication. Monthly checks of alignment, sensors, safety devices. Yearly replacement of wear items like bearings, seals. Prompt repairs or replacement of defective components.
Q: What are some key factors impacting the production rate of these machines?
A: Forming speed setting, number of passes or stations, coil width, metal thickness and grade, feeding rate, strip lubrication, profile complexity, operator skill all affect overall output rate. Optimal adjustments improve production speed.
Q: How to troubleshoot common problems in ag classic roll forming machines?
A: Poor profile quality – Fix roller alignment, replace damaged/worn rolls. Panel jams – Check strip feed speed, reduce feeding tension. Oil leakage – Identify and replace leaking hydraulic components. Electrical issues – Check connections, contactors, overloads. Unusual noise – Correct roller contact, lubrication, bearing defects.